Call for public feedback on Singapore Budget 2012
Dear fellow Singaporeans,
Every year in February, the Minister for Finance will present the planned expenditure for the following year which begins on 1 April. All our livelihoods are directly affected because the budget dictates how government is going to allocate financial resources to various sectors like the military, education, economic development, community services, healthcare.
We have a chance to voice our needs through different forums. Government channels are one of them. As your NCMP, I will serve as one of your key channels for an alternative voice in Parliament.
We are calling for ideas and proposals on how to best utilise our national budget to build a better Singapore for all Singaporeans.
For a start, SPP propose the following key themes:
- Invest in better public infrastructure for the aged;
- Raising standards and leveling the cost of pre-school education;
- Call for more social support for the underprivileged and disadvantaged;
- Tighten the existing incentives for attracting foreign firms to Singapore, and to divert more attention and incentives to boosting Singaporean entrepreneurship;
- The cost and capacity of healthcare, given the rapidly increasing population on our island.
You can elaborate on these themes, or propose others that affect you. Please send all your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are look forward to hearing from you. Your inputs will be tabled by us and I will find the opportunity to present them in Parliament.
Mrs Lina Chiam, NCMP
Singapore People’s Party